Dog Sleeping Bag
Every outdoor lover and their dog will definitely want to get their paws on our durable, lightweight, water-resistant, and robust Harris Dog Sleeping Bag.
Designed and Tested around the Scottish Highlands, this sleeping bag has lived out the back of our van for the last year whilst we’ve been testing it.
It has so many awesome uses and is as happy in the back of the car/truck or in your tent as it is on the forest / wilderness floor. take it for sleepovers instead of a whole bed! Use it as a changing mat for after biking in the car park then let your dog chill out post ride whilst you chill with your beer.
Although you would think some dogs would be happy to sleep outside in some hotter countries, not so much here in the UK on a summers night. Even then, offering your dog somewhere comfortable for a rest or a good night’s sleep is really important when you are adventuring together to let them rest and rehabilitate for the next day, just like you.
We tested this very Harris Sleeping Bag pictured over the course of the past two years to put it through its paces whistl we coultn do much else after the pandemic and we can comfortably say it’s as happy being used as a change mat after a days biking at Laggan Wolftraxx in the dirt as it is being used on a multi day camping trip by bike or by van.
WEIGHTS AND DIMENSIONS WHEN PACKED :
23cm length x 13cm width
30cm x 15cm
LARGE :just under 1.kg
32cm x 18cm
WARMTH: If your thinking about taking your dog camping or will be going away in your motorhome this season, investing in a sleeping bag/mat is the perfect way to keep your dog cosy and comfortable. The Harris sleeping bag is made from high quality recycled insulation to ensure your dog is kept at a comfortable temperature whilst at rest. It is worth considering where you plan to camp and how cold it may get in the later seasons especially in the hills when weather can change so its important to have a good quality sleeping bag like this to ensure your dog doesn’t get cold or wet which can lead to chills and pneumonia.
DURABILITY : We have been testing out our Harris sleeping bag in different conditions from rocky outcrops, dusty tracks to classic damp and dewy Scottish summer mornings and it’s still in tip top condition. This dog sleeping bag has been designed to withstand any kind of adventure which is reflected in the quality of the YKK zips, reinforced stitching, material choice and design.We have machine washed this bag on a light cycle and air dried to freshen up which is really easy to do using the two hang tabs on each side of the bag
WATER RESISTANCE : Our Harris Dog Sleeping Bag is ready to deal with the thrills and spills of adventure life.
COMPACTABILITY: Despite being available in a full range of sizes suitable from Jack Russels to Retrievers our Harris Dog Sleeping Bags compact down well using a classic stuff sack system with webbing straps which makes this bag great for bike packing and camping as well as campervanning.
So what could possibly be the Top 5 reasons why you need this particular dog sleeping bag above the rest we hear you ask?
- Buying anything from Bark + Ride means you will be supporting a small business which is the best thing you could possibly do given the immense struggle all small businesses are facing at the moment.
- It’s great quality yet still affordable and will stand the test of time.
- It’s available in the most flipping awesome Teal/Orange colours which are adventure-proof and won’t mark easily like some of the other colours on the marketplace
- It’s available in 3 sizes which makes them suitable for almost any dog!
- It has a really easy-to-use 2 zip opening system which makes training your dog to sleep INSIDE the bag much easier for you and your dog and opens up double so you can have your dog use it in 3 ways.
- Yes we’ll just keep going – It comes with a stuff sack and a bungee cord so you can hang it up to store it when not in use
- Durable materials mean it will last longer
- Good quality recycled insulation
- Available just in time for the changing season!
- Trialled for a year in the Scottish Highlands and Tested by Traildog Harris himself
So what are you waiting for get ordering your Harris Dog Sleeping Bag now and continue to support us in our awesome plan to get more people out adventuring safely with their dogs!
Our next blog will be posting some ideas on how to train your dog to sit comfortably inside a dog Sleeping bag which starts with the most important basics too but we’ll be waiting for this heatwave to pass before we do. You might be surprised how much your dog loves it!